This module aims to enhance technical and procedural skills of chemoembolization and bland embolization using spherical and non-spherical injectable particles of various sizes.
The module provides a selection of patient anatomies that allow practicing common as well as rare embolization scenarios:
- TACE for right and left lobe HCCs.
- Uterine artery embolization for leiomyomas.
- To practice performing aortography and subselective diagnostic angiography of target location.
- To become familiar with various tools including micro wires, pre-shaped and steerable and microcatheters.
- To become familiar with various embolic agents of different sizes, including spherical and non-spherical particles.
- To practice usage of correct embolic agents, avoiding too distal and too proximal embolization.
- To practice identifying temporary and complete flow stagnation.
Educational Aids and Features:
- Radial and femoral access points selection.
- Diversified anatomical variations, based on real patient data.
- Ability to place coils.
- Blockage indicator.
- Amount of embolic solution injected indication.
- Non-target embolization alerts.
- 3D anatomical map.
- Radiation safety alerts.
- Performance metrics.
- Video debriefing.
- Ability to add proficiency benchmarks.