CORONARY INTERVENTION MODULE
This module provides hands-on practice of diagnostic coronary angiography as well as percutaneous coronary interventions via femoral approach, using a variety of cath lab interventional tools.
During a simulated case, the trainee may experience complications such as dissection, perforation or hemodynamic changes and practice treatment of the complications using a variety of devices and medications.
The Transradial Coronary module complements this module’s skills by enabling hands-on practice of transradial coronary intervention skills. Advanced coronary interventions training modules include Coronary Bifurcations and Coronary CTO are available for more advanced trainees.
General Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
- To practice decision-making in patient selection and during an intervention
- To develop competence in the performance of basic and advanced coronary angiography
- To develop imaging skills including C-arm manipulation, fluoroscopy and cineangiography
- To develop and acquire technical skills in interventional techniques including angioplasty and stent placement
- To practice treatment of Acute MI using an aspiration catheter
- To manage intra-procedural complications (dissections, perforation, hemodynamic changes) using a variety of devices and medications
- To practice administration of intraprocedural medications for anticoagulation and hemodynamic management
Diversified Patient Scenarios: including stable angina, acute coronary syndrome, acute MI, post-TAVI PCI through a pre-implanted aortic valve.
Anatomical and pathology variations: left/right dominant heart, single to multi-vessel lesions in a variety of coronary sites.
A Variety of Interventional Devices: 0.014″/0.035″ wires, guiding catheters, guide extension catheters, diagnostic catheters, semi-compliant and high-pressure balloons, stents, covered stents and aspiration catheters.
Anatomical Labels: labels can be overlaid on the coronary angiography to assist in identifying the coronary arteries.
Radiation Safety Training: using “See the Invisible” AR application, the trainee can visualize the radiation scatter around the patient mannequin and C-arm (ANGIO Mentor Suite platform).
Hands-on Defibrillation: simulated defibrillation using designated defibrillation handles on the simulator mannequin’s chest – coming soon
Preset and Dynamic Complications: each case has a pre-programmed complication that occur as a result of trainee’s actions. Dynamic complications may occur following trainee’s errors.
Realistic Cath Lab Environment: c-arm, fluoroscopy monitor, vital signs monitor including HR, BP, O2 saturation and ECG.
ACT Test: enables monitoring patient’s coagulation
An Extensive Drug Panel: drugs can be used during the procedure to control patient’s hemodynamics and coagulation
Performance Metrics and Proficiency: each trainee receives a detailed performance report that enables tracking his progress towards proficiency.
iCase Editor: enables creating endless new scenarios and training cases.