Prostatic Artery Embolization (PAE)
This module aims to enhance technical and procedural skills for the challenging Prostatic Artery Embolization technique, used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia. The embolization is performed by injecting spherical and non-spherical particles of various sizes.
The module was developed in collaboration with the PAE pioneer, Prof. Francisco Cesar Carnevale, Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil.
- Become proficient in prostatic artery embolization techniques (PerFecTED and standard)
- Identify the prostatic artery and surrounding vessels in common and rare anatomical variants
- Learn to evaluate prostatic artery occlusion using fluoroscopy and Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
- Practice management of intra-procedural complications
- Diversified anatomical variations, based on real patient data
- Standard and perfected technique simulation
- Ability to choose between transfemoral and transradial approach
- Optional Foley balloon catheter placement
- Real-time Cone Beam Computed Tomography
- Ability to place coils
- Integrated complications
- 3D anatomical map
- Vascular anatomy labels
- Microcatheter positioning guidance
- Prostate blockage indicator
- Non-target embolization alerts
- Radiation safety alerts
- Performance metrics
- Video debriefing
- Ability to add proficiency benchmarks
Don’t miss the PAE webinar recording that provides Prostatic Artery Embolization clinical background and a module demo.