TRANSRADIAL CORONARY MODULE
This module provides hands-on practice for transradial coronary angiography and interventions.
The module includes basic as well as challenging anatomies that present difficulty during transradial approach, such as tortuous subclavian, Bypass Graft (LIMA), brachial loop, narrow ascending aorta and dilated ascending aorta. The coronary anatomies include left and right dominant coronary anatomy with different lesion locations. The trainee may experience complications during access or intervention such as spasm, perforation and distal emboli.
- To establish anatomical knowledge of the radial/brachial artery
- To practice performing left and right transradial approach for coronary angiography and interventions
- To practice techniques required to overcome challenging anatomies (tortuous subclavian, CABG, brachial loop, narrow and dilated ascending aorta).
- To practice selection of appropriate coronary cathether curves designated for transradial approach
- To practice safe engagement of left and right coronary ostium using transradial approach