ILIAC INTERVENTION MODULE
This module provides basic endovascular training for treatment of peripheral artery disease focused in the common iliac artery and external iliac artery.
The module provides practice for the following:
- Performing diagnostic angiography.
- Antegrade or retrograde (crossover) technique.
- Performing angioplasty and stenting.
- A selection of drugs allows controlling hemodynamic changes and coagulation.
- Cases present a variety of anatomies with different aortic bifurcation angulations as well as various stenosis locations (common iliac, bilateral lesions or external iliac artery), degrees and lengths.
During a case, the trainee may encounter complications, such as dissection or perforation, which can be treated using conventional techniques. Alternately, the proctor may surprise the trainee with complications triggered by a keyboard shortcut.