ADVANCED EMBOLIZATION MODULE – COMING SOON
The Advanced Embolization simulation module on the ANGIO Mentor enables training in different embolization techniques, using various materials such as micro/macro coils, plugs and liquid embolic agents.
The module presents a variety of common virtual patient case scenarios including splenic trauma, pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (exclusive), uterine arteriovenous malformation and pelvic venous insufficiency (male and female).
- To practice a variety of common embolization scenarios
- To become familiar with various embolization materials, including micro and macro coils, vascular plugs and embolic liquid agents
- To practice performing subselective diagnostic angiography/venography to locate the target coiling site
- To learn how to size coils or vascular plugs based on the target embolization site measurements and location
- To practice various embolization techniques based on the target location, avoiding coil migration