The Neck Module for the U/S Mentor provides hands-on training of neck ultrasound examination, using a designated linear probe. It incorporates hands-on procedural tasks and virtual patient clinical cases, accompanied by comprehensive educational aids.
The tasks include self-guided step-by-step neck scanning protocols (Thyroid and Advanced Measurements). Virtual patient cases will challenge the learner to independently scan, recognize relevant structures, document and reach a diagnosis. The cases are aimed at training in technical and clinical aspects of the examination.
Scenarios include varying diagnostic complexities and such as a healthy patient, suspicious, benign and malignant thyroid nodule as well as carotid artery stenosis and dissection.
Features and Benefits:
Realistic User Experience:
- New designated linear probe
- Reverberation artifacts behind the trachea wall
- Pulsation of common carotid arteries
Enhanced Educational Value and Self-Learning:
- Complete didactic environment (3D anatomical map, anatomical labels, schematic views and more)
- Exclusive: Skills tasks and procedural tasks
- Exclusive: Step-by-step instructions for scanning protocols and immediate performance feedback
- Interventional Radiologists
- ICU physicians
- Vascular Surgeons