Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which grow from the muscle layers of the uterus. Symptoms include abnormal gynecologic hemorrhage, heavy or painful periods, abdominal discomfort or bloating, back ache, urinary frequency or retention, and in some cases, infertility. If a fibroid is predominantly submucosal, complete hysteroscopic resection is possible.
The module offers 8 virtual patients with varying types of submucosal fibroids (type 0) in different positions with changing levels of difficulty.
Performance review provides feedback on amount and quality of the removed fibroids, intervention ergonomics (intervention time, camera path), and intervention safety measures.
- To inspect the cavity completely and to describe visible pathologies
- To cut myoma in chips with safe handling of the loop electrode
- To remove cut pieces from the cavity
- To coagulate bleeding sources
- To perform a safety inspection at the end of the procedure