SEE THE INVISIBLE
The First Radiation Awareness Augmented Reality Simulation Add-On
A Proctoring Tool Which Provides Awareness To The Harmful Ionizing Radiation Generated During X-Ray-Guided Procedures
“See the Invisible” is a radiation awareness application add-on, which connects to the Simbionix ANGIO Mentor endovascular simulator. Using “See the invisible”, cath lab and hybrid OR teams are able to safely practice various endovascular simulation cases, and establish the ALARA principles, by effectively grasping the three basic protective measures; time, distance, and shielding.
Based on clinical studies and radiation distribution models*, compatible with all generations of ANGIO Mentor Suite
Using augmented reality technology, the application shows real-time radiation scatter in the room, taking into consideration C-arm projections and other imaging parameters.
Features and Benefits
- Connects to a variety of simulation modules in real time.
- Enables a radiation-free proctoring for radiation safety in a real-life clinical settings.
- Integrates radiation scatter visualization with a real C-arm that may be connected to the simulator.
- Based on clinical studies and radiation distribution models.
- Compatible with all generations of ANGIO Mentor Suite
- Supports remote screen sharing – a great tool for webinars.
- Both Wi-Fi and Cable connection are available.
“See the Invisible” with Gabrial Bartal
Protect your patients and your team. Minimize radiation exposure through interactive learning.
- Vano E, Sanchez RM, Fernandez JM, et al. A set of patient and staff dose data for validation of Monte Carlo calculations in interventional cardiology. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2015;165(1-4):235‐239. doi:10.1093/rpd/ncv032
- Katz, A., Shtub, A., and Roguin, A. Minimizing Ionizing Radiation Exposure in Invasive Cardiology Safety Training for Medical Doctors. ASME. ASME J of Nuclear Rad Sci. July 2017; 3(3): 030905. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4036431
- Jaschke, W., Bartal, G., Martin, C.J. et al. Unintended and Accidental Exposures, Significant Dose Events and Trigger Levels in Interventional Radiology. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00270-020-02517-2
- Loy Rodas, A. Kadkhodamohammadi, M. de Mathelin, A. Gangi, N. Padoy. A global radiation awareness system using augmented reality and Monte Carlo simulations. ECR 2018. 10.1594/ecr2018/C-1615