The following curriculum is focused on the Meniscectomy procedure: relevant pathologies and their classification, instrumentation and procedural steps.
- Recognize the different types of meniscal tears and understand their preferred treatment method.
- Be familiar with different meniscectomy tools and understand their advantages and pitfalls.
- Learn and practice the procedural steps in a meniscectomy procedure.
- Evaluate correctly the amount of meniscus that needs to be removed in a meniscectomy procedure.
- Orthopedic surgery residents from PGY1 through PGY3
- Practicing orthopedic surgeons with limited experience performing arthroscopic surgery
- Beginning arthroscopists
- The learner has little experience with arthroscopy.
- The learner has prior arthroscopic motor skills practice.
- The learner has prior anatomical knowledge of the knee joint and the arthroscopic portals.
Suggested Time Length
Completion of the entire course should take around 2 hours.
Matthew C. Sardelli, M.D.
Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
The full curriculum may be found here: