TURP Basic Skills
This module contains basic tasks to acquire all skills required to safely perform a complete TURP procedure. The module also provides a training curriculum relying on self practice in an enjoyable environment until reaching the desired proficiency level.
Learners gain experience in identifying the anatomical landmarks, cystoscopy, performing a safe resection, and in controlling bleeding.
- To develop knowledge of anatomy and landmarks
- To become proficient at using a resectoscope
- To become accustomed to the fulcrum effect and 30° angled scope
- To acquire depth perception and hand-eye coordination
- To acquire safe resection techniques
- To efficiently control and manage bleeding and complications