Features and Benefits
The most realistic ultrasound environment simulation
The U/S Mentor™ is aimed at providing all the features of a clinical environment of ultrasound examinations and interventions including:
- Realistic clinical setup with accurate mannequin and simulative ultrasound probes in real dimensions.
- Ultrasound images generated according to probe position in relation to the mannequin, incorporating common ultrasound imaging attributes and artifacts.
- Contact/Pressure dependent ultrasound image (without using gel).
- Most common image enhancement controls are simulated for the best training of ‘knobology’ skills.
- Color Doppler imaging for hemodynamic assessment training.
- Recording and browsing capabilities, including the utilization of freeze and cine-loop.
- Reporting of clinical findings at the end of each case.
- Diverse virtual patient cases based upon real patients, ranging from normal, through slightly abnormal to distinct pathologies.
Enhanced educational environment
Accelerating the trainee learning curve, using self-training supported by objective assessment tools and management system including the following features:
- Multiple visual aids guiding the trainee in achieving accurate standard views.
- External 3D map with cross-section view corresponds to the ultrasound image, enhancing orientation and anatomical knowledge.
- Anatomy labels support anatomical structure recognition from all probe angles.
- Designated skill tasks aimed at improving hand-eye coordination and practicing ‘knobology’ are provided.
- Step-by-step instructions of a complete examination are available in designated educational tasks.
- Captured performance objectives provide an opportunity for trainee self-assessment, as well as competency level monitoring by an instructor.
Incorporated training management platform for curricula design and assignment, performance monitoring, and various didactic materials.