Enables the trainee to acquire basic-level skills essential to building confidence and ease with laparoscopic techniques. Exercises in a non-anatomic setting provide a relaxed environment outside of the operating room for both individuals and teams, aimed at improving orientation, eye hand coordination and manual skills.
- To become familiar with straight and angled camera manipulation
- To master eye-hand coordination
- To practice clip applying
- To practice two handed maneuvers
- To perform laparoscopic cutting
- To acquire the skill to perform safe and accurate electrocautery
- To become efficient at the task of translocation of objects