Appendectomy Procedure Module
The module provides a complete curriculum for Laparoscopic Appendectomy:
- Basic appendectomy procedural tasks
- Guided procedures introducing different techniques
- Free-hand, complete procedure case
Practice a variety of techniques and appropriate use of surgical instruments such as energy devices, stapler, and loop.
The module enables training in the key components of the procedure:
- Inspection of the abdominal cavity
- Division of the mesoappendix
- Control of the appendicular artery
- Division of the appendix
- Extraction of the appendix
- Irrigation and inspection of the abdominal cavity
The module includes realistic bleeding and simulation of complications as well as real-time, clinical decision-making such as port selection and extent of exposure.
Complete Educational Solution
Educational features include an anatomical 3D map, real-life videos, interactive visual indicators, step-by-step procedural guidance and performance reports to enrich and enhance the learning experience.
- To perform proper manipulation of the appendix while avoiding unnecessary trauma
- To safely transect the appendicular artery using different instruments
- To conduct hemostatic dissection of the mesoappendix
- To practice different methods of the appendix division
- To retrieve the specimen using an endobag removal device
- To learn how to avoid and manage potential complications
- To perform an inspection of the operating site for adequate hemostasis