Trainee gains experience in the safe and efficient placement of the Essure® micro-inserts using the original equipment. Cases include anteverted and retroverted uteri as well as various ostia configurations. Complications such as distention difficulties, false passages and tubal resistance can be practiced without patient involvement.
- To learn use of angled optics
- To establish uterine distension and clear viewing conditions
- To inspect the entire cavity and to assess both tubal orifices for visibility and patency
- To advance the Essure® devices slowly and steadily into the fallopian tubes
- To correctly place and deploy the Essure® micro-inserts
- To visualize both micro-inserts at the end of the procedure