This innovative module allows physicians to practice repairing the atrial septum of the heart in patients who suffer from Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO).
It consists of a variety of cases and provides different pathology of ASD and PFO pathologies such as: long tunnel PFO, thick septum secundum PFO, hypermobile atrial septum with PFO, and ASD with deficient aortic rim.
The module also provides an opportunity to practice:
- Measuring the ASD/PFO pathology with an inflation balloon in order to select the proper size of the occluder device.
- Navigating inside the internal structures of the heart with an ICE (Intra Cardiac Echocardiography) handle or TEE (Trans Esophageal Echocardiography) in order to find the ASD/PFO tunnel and treat it with the occluder.
- Activating Doppler and detecting the blood flow inside the heart and through the pathology.
- Deploying the device in order to fix the defect.
- Retrieving a deployed device.